For the rear of this project, I am using the typical GM 63” leafs, but with a slight twist. Or maybe just a bit more knowledge expansion on my part. In the Ranger, I started out with an older (Late 80’s) 63” pack. That pack wound up being too soft, so I bastardized it a bit by cutting down a main leaf, and adding an add a leaf to get where I needed to be. Unfortunately, I had managed to tweak that leaf pack pretty badly over time so I couldn’t use it again.
I picked up another set of GM 63’s, but this time out of a 2000 year model. I was surprised to see that GM added another leaf to their pack which essentially gave me the same leaf setup I had before (sans the add a leaf).
In the end, it looks like I am going to be 115” (ish) wheel base, with about 24” under the frame rail. And, just maybe, I’ll be able to drive it out of the garage without having to air down the tires!