The Mighty Merc – It’s Shocking and bumpy, and occasionally tracking the right way! (Part 2)

With the rear out of the way, it was time to knock out the front shocks, bump stops, and track bar. A little work with the plasma table and I was able to get the brackets knocked out for the track bar (reusing the old axle bracket I had):
Sara L.: Suspension &emdash;

And I burned out the upper shock mounts as well (lower mounts are Ruff Stuff brackets that I reused):
Sara L.: Suspension &emdash;

Cleaned up the frame and added everything to it:
Sara L.: Suspension &emdash;

Bad photo I know, but the axle bracket for the track bar is about as far out as I can make it:
Sara L.: Suspension &emdash;

This netted me a track bar that is about 2” longer than the drag link, and about 5° off in angle, not perfect, but good enough:
Sara L.: Suspension &emdash;

Everything painted up and installed on the drivers side:
Sara L.: Suspension &emdash;

Same on the passenger’s side:
Sara L.: Suspension &emdash;

A sharp eye might catch a few things, the bump stops are on for good I hope as I was able to get some good measurements. And the track bar is being held in with hitch pins as I’m not 100% sure it’ll clear the oil pan under full articulation. Worst case is I pull it when I wheel like I did in the truck, but I am hoping that I don’t have too.

2 thoughts on “The Mighty Merc – It’s Shocking and bumpy, and occasionally tracking the right way! (Part 2)”

  1. Dude, I just found this project! Glad to see you are still building! Your creativity and talent never cease to amaze me. Hope to to wheel with you again someday (soon).

    -Nick

Leave a Reply