As far as terrain goes, this is by far my favorite Midwest park. Acres and acres of granite to climb around on, and soil that is gritty enough to have traction in wet conditions. We have made many trips down to this park over the years and it tends to be a good time.
Sadly, this park has suffered from mismanagement over the years which led to its eventual sale. At this point it is open on a limited basis being run by volunteers from Midwest Jeep Thing. You can find more information on either MWJT’s page or on the Facebook Page for upcoming runs:
- 3-14-09 with the ’87 XJ
- 7-4-09 With the ’87 XJ and the SIJA group.
- 1-2-10 Belated NYD Run with SIJA in the ’87 XJ
- 1-1-11 NYD Run with SIJA and the ’87 XJ
- 7-30-11 1st trip in The Lone Ranger to this park
- 11-19-11 5th ORT in The Lone Ranger
- 4-21-12 7th ORT in the Lone Ranger
- 6-16-12 9th ORT in The Lone Ranger
- 7-21-12 10th ORT in The Lone Ranger
- 12-29-12 13th ORT in The Lone Ranger
- 7-26-14 26th ORT in The L one Ranger
- 1-1-15 29th ORT In The Lone Ranger
- More to come!