Waking up in Oakley, loading up, and putting some more miles under our seats as we headed East.
But At least we had some Royalty with us.
Eventually pulling back in front of our house 12 hours later. We only had to stop for fuel and pottys on the way home.
All in all, it was a wonderful 12 day trip, 3,215 miles, and 11.5 mpg!
Thoughts on the trip over all:
- I am very thankful for the gift of lodging from my In laws as I don’t think we would have been able to do the trip without that
- CO is still beautiful, but getting very “Full” of people. I think the next trip out we’ll work on getting further away form I-70 again
- Moab seems to be growing into a “Branson MO” type of area. I.E. Tourist Trap. However, it is still easy to get away from everyone and wander the desert. I would still like to hit the “hard” areas of Moab one day.
- The kids did extremely well during this whole trip. While they may not have hiked as much as I would have liked, they are still awesome little travelers
- High elevation did not agree with us again this year. I’m not sure if it is an age thing, or if we’re still going up in elevation too quickly. Either way, daily headaches are not fun.
Thoughts on the Mercury:
- The Suspension refresh was worth every bit of effort. It really eats up the miles pretty comfortably.
- This thing is way overbuilt for the vacation wheeling we tend to do these days with the kids. It gets hard to justify taking it out places at 11.5 mpg when a CRV with all terrains would do most of the wheeling we do now.
- For a 202k mile vehicle, it still runs great!
Back to Trips…