The front shackles wound up being a bit overkill. I used 1.5 x ½” thick material to make them. The holes are at 5” center to center, and I milled out 1/8” per side to get the correct offset (Waggy bushing measures 2.75” and the YJ bushing measures right at 3”). There was some .120” 1 ¼” Tube laying around that I made the middle spacer out of.
With the shackles done, I slapped a piece of 2x2x1/4” wall in for my cross member. This will also be used in my winch mount here shortly.
At this point, I can wheel the thing around the garage some, which is awesome, as I’ve been working with this much space in the rear:
And this much space in the front:
Needless to say, I’m itching to get on with the bed bob just so that I can easily walk around the thing with the garage door closed (its been cold and wet here lately).
So we’re sitting like this as of right now:
I jacked up the rear to take a few measurements (see above one post) to see if this thing is going to be close to legal when I’m done. Thankfully, I’m pretty dang close.