It was a bit of a road to get here, but I finally settled on a design for the front. Just to recap, I went through more than a few versions to figure out exactly what I wanted.
Starting with V1 (Right) and V2 (Left):
I then ditched those two ideas and started on the V3 with the main supports:
Added the outer potions:
Still wasn’t happy with that (seemed to big). So onto V4, I kept the same center supports (3.5×3.5×1/4 wall) and added some 2x3x1/4 wall and some 1.25x.120 wall DOM:
Bingo! I’m pretty happy with that, so everything came back off for a final weld off the truck:
Burned it back on:
And added my Tow hooks and a few small gussets:
The thing got tucked under the front real nice like:
Slapped some primer on it, once I finish the stinger, I’ll throw some bedliner on it:
I still need to get my winch mounting plate started, stinger, and finish making the bumper ‘pretty’ (rounding the corners under the turn signals). This will work for now and keep me legal. I’ll add a separate section when I get the stinger done.