Since I was having a little bit of trouble keeping the drivers side motor mount together (I think I have that resolved at this point). There was a need for a little more insurance in making sure the motor stays put.
Not an original idea as I’ve seen a few other do this, hopefully it works out as well for me.
I put some tension on the chain prior to welding it. I also welded the link to the plate that shock mounted to. This was done in hopes that if/when I need to pull the chain off, I can just unbolt the plate.
Update Edit 7/3/11:
I’ve had to swap out motor mounts, it worked out great to be able to unbolt the chain to get the lift I need. I think that mount that I’m using (on the motor side) Might be bending a bit though. I’ll keep an eye on it and update again after another wheeling trip.
Well I got another run with this setup. I’m still going to keep the chain around as I haven’t gotten a motor mount setup that works that well yet. No ill effects have been noticed by using that mount as a chain support.