The Lone Ranger – 60/14 Bolt swap – Rear Test Fit #2 and Leaf Mounts
After farting around trying to figure out how to make everything live in harmony (body mounts and leaf mounts) it turns out I had a bit of luck. Just this past week, we got our Torchmate running at work. Since I got to help set it up I made up a few “test pieces” that were identical to the front leaf mounts I used. At the time I wasn’t sure that I could use them or not, but I figured why not.
It turns out that they work awesome when I flipped the orientation and butted it up against the body mount:
So I burned some mounts together and burned them home (I’ll post the measurements later).
Here they are on the only clean horizontal surface I have in the garage right now.
Then I went ahead and burned them on (Still need to add the gussets):
After the front was done, I slapped the springs in place and took a guess at where the rear hangers needed to be. For these photos I’m using the holes left over from the spare tire carrier.
This is at 115” (ish) wheel base. I’m not going to burn the rear hanger on until I get some weight on the back. I’ve got a feeling that I’ll wind up dropping the mounts down a smidge. But as it sits, it looks perfect:
Rolled a tire in place (need to bore out the center some more):
I’ve got a feeling that these 63’s will give me more than enough flex stock. If not, then I’ll re-arch these to get them where I want them to be.
So it looks pretty likely that I’ll have this really sitting on its own weight by Tuesday this week. I’ll probably wind up pulling the tranny and Tcase this week to start the doubler fun shortly thereafter.
As a side note, the bed took off today to head over to a friend’s house. He decided to save me from my own body work and volunteered to do the body work on the bed bob: