The Lone Ranger – Front SAS – Track Bar:
After fighting doing what I could to solve my death sway issue with the rear (Added rear leafs, played with the shocks, etc) I turned my attention to the front end. Now I knew my front shackle setup was causing some of my vague steering that I was experiencing, I didn’t realize how bad it actually was until I added this track bar. Adding this track bar solved my death sway issue.
Onto the photos! During lunch I borrowed some Torch Mate time and burned out some brackets on some scrap metal. I think they turned out all right.
Frame side bracket (attached to the bump stop):
Bent up a track bar to clear the K member and pumpkin. I’ll need to do something different if I go 60 in the front some day as this won’t clear a 60 pumpkin:
I goofed on my axle side bracket so track bar isn’t quite parallel to the drag link. Its close enough that it doesn’t bump steer. Or at least not enough to notice.
The Track bar is about 10″ shorter than the Drag Link, so it tries to pull the axle over to the side some. Which is not going to lead to long leaf spring bushing life with it connected off road. So every trip, I would pull it out at the trail head before while airing down. It wasn’t ideal, but it worked.